Thursday, November 7, 2013

Canon 70d - unboxing

I have an "old" DLSR, at least for,today's standards. It's the 400d, bought in 2007. I still use it a lot, solving the only issue I thought it had (low light hand held photography) with the upgrade of the factory supplied 15-85mm lens with a newer canon 15-85mm with image stabilizer technology.

It was OK until I went to a tv ad shooting and saw them use Canon 5D for video. Opened up a whole new world, being able to do professional video with your photography camera. I've been looking into DLSR ever since.

 

I wanted to upgrade from the basic entry Canon models, however not go professional with something like the 5D. I started looking into it two years ago. Filtering by canon models, as I already have canon lenses and I like their camera build quality, that left as a choice the 7D and the 60D. However none of the 2 convinced me, the 7D being too pricey and the 60D too old - not really made for movies. Canon rumors talked about the 70D being launched "soon".


The baseline is...I've waited a long time for the 70D.


Here's a video of the unboxing, reviews and how-tos to come!


 

0 comments :